The Rules: Make a list of 5 things that you need to get off your chest. No matter how unpopular your opinions may be, no one is here to judge you.
1. I'm very incensed by religion. While I am steadfast in my faith and my spirituality is not diminished in any capacity, the organization of those of my faith is ridiculously shallow, hard-hearted and just plain hypocritical. This applies to homosexuality at the moment more than anything else. I hear ministers saying things like "I'm not judging them, but I don't want them in my church." WHAT?!?! Is that not the point of Christianity?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matt. 25:40
2. On the flip side of that, I am so tired of people assuming things about my faith and my Christianity. People who don't know me tend to think that my whole spiritual substance is wrapped up in their narrow perceptions of Christianity. I hate being placed in a box!
3. I hate the sight of my native city in utter dismay. I wish I had the money and/or the resources to put even a small dent in the economic despair running rampant through the bowels of Detroit. I know that a lot of blame is being placed on the leadership of the city. While they are accountable for some of the problems inside its borders, the biggest problem is the broken spirits of the least of its inhabitants.
4. Why is their such a lack of honesty among people who are supposed to care? If I have a bond with someone, I believe it reasonable to assume that they will not break that bond over some argument or disagreement. Speaking anger is not the end of the world, but a different manifestation of caring.
5. I hate the pressure that comes with being single in a couple-obsessed society. No, I'm not in a relationship and no, I am not "half a person" because of it. There are things that I like about relationships. But I don't need a man to make me happy, successful, talented, beautiful or memorable. I am all those things all by myself.